From now until February 25, all users of AmpliTube 5, including the free AmpliTube 5 CS, can claim the software version of IK’s new AmpliTube X-DRIVE distortion pedal (worth €/$149.99) for absolutely free.
This software-only version gives you all 16 new overdrive and distortion effects found in the X-DRIVE hardware pedal. You’ll be able to record, create and save presets within AmpliTube and use them onstage if you choose to own the hardware pedal as well.
Here’s X-DRIVE in action to hear all the sounds you get with the free plug-in:
Here are the instructions to redeem and get started with your AmpliTube X-DRIVE virtual distortion pedal:
- Log into or register an IK account and head over to your User Area
- Follow the pop-up message to Redeem your promotional item and sign up for the Newsletter, if you’re not already subscribed
- Download and open the IK Product Manager
- Select “Manage My Products”, then using the “Software” tab click the ” Install” and “Authorize” button to the right of AmpliTube 5
- If you’re already authorized, hover over the Authorize button and click “Re-Authorize”
- Now start up AmpliTube 5 and click “Collection” on the right side of the display
- Go to the bottom and click on “X-GEAR series”
- Select “X-DRIVE” to drag it to your signal chain
AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop comes with 42 must-have pedals, amps, cabinets, mics and rack FX, plus the 16 effects found in AmpliTube X-DRIVE, which are all yours to keep.